Our goal is to make the 2nd generation Segway® of more use to more people.
We manufacture the SegSaddle, a seating system that allows you to stand or sit while riding your i2 or x2 Segway.
Ron Friedman of Synergetic Productions runs his video production business using a SegSaddle equipped Segway.
He started riding the SegSaddle in October 2009 and shot this video in January 2011 - he's experienced.
What: The SegSaddle is a center mounted seating system for the 2nd generation Segway.
- The SegSaddle is designed to allow the rider to mount normally, then adjust the seat height to allow for seated or standing operation of the Segway.
- The seat has been designed to provide hours of riding comfort.
- The seat post fits into the SegSaddle Frame which is bolted to the Segway base.
- The SegSaddle Frame includes a Shock Absorber that is tuned for the weight of the primary rider when the SegSaddle is ordered. Additional Shock Springs may be purchased, and easily changed out by the owner to provide multiple riders with the best possible ride.
- The SegSaddle equiped Segway PT does NOT restrict the rider to a sitting position, therefore it is not a wheel chair under USA FDA regulations.
- Warnings and Disclaimers
Where: SegSaddle LLC is in San Antonio Texas. The SegSaddle is assembled by SegSaddle LLC, with parts coming from around the US.
When: We’ve been working on the SegSaddle since the summer of 2007. The first long term test unit was delivered in May of 2008 to a test engineer in Pittsburgh PA. As of October 2009 he had travelled over 1,000 miles while seated on his SegSaddle. The test program has resulted in a much better seat, and a host of refinements in the design and fabrication of the SegSaddle.
Who: The SegSaddle has been developed by SegSaddle LLC.
The people behind SegSaddle LLC are Brian Hughes and Scott Wallis. Brian is a long term entrepreneur with experience ranging from transatlantic cables to hybrid rocket motors to bioinformatics. Scott is a Mountain Unicyclist / Designer / Prototype Builder. The founders met while developing the Insolia High Heel Shoe Insert.